Subject: General Tech | July 10, 2014 - 02:30 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: market share, desktop pc
There has been a 2 year slump in PC sales due to a number of reasons, from a lack of attractive system upgrades to the increasing capabilities of mobile devices but according to Gartner this is coming to an end. While Acer and the smaller brands and no-name systems continue to see sales declines the major players such as Lenovo HP, Dell, and Asus have all seen increases in the amount of systems they have sold in this past quarter. The Register quotes Gartner analyst Mikako Kitagawa in their article, "... we expect to see slow, but consistent, PC growth" as emerging markets augment their low cost tablets with purchases of full PCs.
"By Gartner's estimates, worldwide PC shipments were essentially flat for the second quarter of 2014, growing just 0.1 per cent when compared to the same period a year ago. But even that is encouraging, the analyst firm points out, because shipments have declined for the last eight consecutive quarters."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- CHIPS DOWN. IBM spends $3bn on its FU-TURE-TURE-TURE @ The Register
- Apple Gets Its First Batch of iPhone Chips From TSMC @ Slashdot
- Snapdragon 805 benchmarks slightly outperform the Galaxy S5, One M8 @ The Inquirer
- Linksys WRT1900AC Router Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Homebrew NSA Bugs @ Hack a Day
Subject: General Tech | February 20, 2014 - 02:17 PM | Ken Addison
Tagged: podcast, video, toshiba, raptr, R9 290X, r9 290, pcper, OEM, maxwell, gtx 750 ti, desktop pc, 750 ti, 5TB
PC Perspective Podcast #288 - 02/20/2014
Join us this week as we discuss the release of the NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti, Upgrading Crappy Desktops, 5TB Hard Drives and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the Store
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Ryan Shrout, Jeremy Hellstrom, Josh Walrath and Allyn Malventano
Week in Review:
News items of interest:
Hardware/Software Picks of the Week: