Subject: Systems | January 5, 2012 - 11:23 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: htpc, Hauppauge, colossus, streaming, capture
Missing Remote have assembled an impressive guide on how to use a Hauppauge Colossus to capture any media you can stream to your HTPC. Hulu, YouTube, Netflix or anything else, this guide will show you how to capture streaming media so you can watch it again at your leisure. Apart from the hardware you will need Arcsoft ShowBiz and likely an RDP hack which they provide for you to use. Read on to see the trick as well as their recommended audio and video capture settings as well as tips on playback.
"So we've all probably experienced the case where, for some reason, our DVR misses an episode and we have to find it via another mechanism. Sure, you can watch it on Hulu or Amazon VOD, but you want to add it to your collection without the DRM (exactly how the DVR would have done), and it came over the air/cable for free (or you paid your cable bill) - so why should you have to pay for it again?! Maybe you've had one too many nasty-grams from Comcast about your bit-torrent downloads so you don't want to go that route."
Here are some more Systems articles from around the web:
- Boxee Box By D-Link Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Elgato EyeTV NetStream DTT Network Dual Tuner Review @ Real World Labs
- TRENDnet 450Mbps Dual Band Wireless N HD Media Bridge Review @ Madshrimps
- SilverStone Grandia Series GD06 HTPC Chassis @ Tweaktown
- Streacom FC5 Silent HTPC Chassis Review @ MissingRemote
- Silverstone Grandia Series GD06 HTPC Case Review @ eTeknix
- Dell Inspiron One 2320 Review @ TechReviewSource
- Asrock Vision 3D 252B @ Legion Hardware
Get notified when we go live!