Subject: General Tech, Displays | May 2, 2011 - 08:43 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: hdcp, cat6, gefen
Gefen is not a famous company but they are one with an interesting idea that they've just made real. They will sell you a box that can extend a HDCP compliant signal along CAT6 cable of up to 1920x 1200 resolution as far as 200'. It can send a 2560 x 1600 using a pair of CAT 6 cables, though that signal does not seem to be HDCP compliant. The only down side is the price, at $1300 this is not something you buy because it is neat, but because you really need it.
"CHATSWORTH, CA – The leader in digital connectivity announced the release of its new extender for professional computer systems using dual link DVI graphics. The DVI DL CAT-6 Extender offers a plug and play method of signal extension that guarantees a lossless video transmission with zero signal dropouts.
The next generation DVI DL CAT-6 Extender delivers uncompressed high resolution video to any remote display up to 200 feet (60m) in distance over two industry-standard CAT-6 cables. This is a substantial advantage over previous solutions, which required an add-on booster using more expensive cabling to handle distances beyond five meters. "
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- VIA new dual-core Nano X2 E series processors debut at ESC @ DigiTmes
- Flinging birds and slaying pigs with your thoughts @ Hack a Day
- Motherboard Makers To Demo Intel X79 Boards at COMPUTEX 2011 @ VR-Zone
- Interview with RIM's Mike Al Mefleh @ t-break
- Beginners Guides: Understanding and Creating Batch File @ PC Stats
- How to repair a graphics card with the oven trick @ eTeknix
- Win a SteelSeries 7G Gaming Keyboard @ t-break
- Win a Monster iClarityHD Bluetooth Speaker 100 @ t-break
- Win a Razer Onza Tournament Edition @ t-break
- Win a Razer Chimaera Wireless Gaming Headset for Xbox 360 @ t-break
Get notified when we go live!