Subject: General Tech | January 17, 2014 - 10:29 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Xubuntu, TAILS, SUSE, Red Hat, Lubuntu, linux, DouDou, Bodhi
If you've never tried Linux or are looking for a new distro to try then check out Linux.com's top 7 distro list for 2014. If beauty is what you seek then Bodhi is a good choice as it has modified the Enlightenment window manager into something a little more manageable. For Ubuntu users there are two variants you could try, Xubuntu for desktops and Lubuntu for older less powerful laptops. For the security conscious there is TAILS, which automatically routes traffic through TOR and constantly deletes any tracking info from local storage as well as being specifically designed to run from a bootable USB drive. For the geeky parents out there, or for those looking for a very simple to understand distro is DouDou. It comes preloaded with an array of childrens learning software and Dan's Guardian to somewhat limit internet sites of a nature unsuited for the very young.
"The Linux avalanche is rolling and gathering mass and momentum. Linux won, so what's next? Amazing growth is what's next: we're at the bare beginning of the Linux juggernaut rolling into existing markets and blazing into new ones. All this growth and progress is the result of years of hard work by tens of thousands of people and billions of dollars of investment. It has reached critical mass and there is no stopping it."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Intel treads water despite drowning PC biz clinging to Chipzilla's legs @ The Register
- Microsoft should just rename Windows XP as Windows 9 @ The Inquirer
- ASUS RT-AC56U & USB-AC56 802.11AC Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Americans To FCC Chair: No Cell Calls On Planes, Please @ Slashdot
- You can snag a 39" 4K display for $404 @ The Tech Report
- NuForce Worldwide Joint Giveaway @ NikKTech
Get notified when we go live!