Subject: Cases and Cooling | October 24, 2012 - 09:11 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: PSU, modular psu, kilowatt, Digital Power Supply, Corsair Link, corsair, ax1200i, 80 Plus Platinum
Corsair's new AX1200i PSU is 80 Plus Platinum rated and sports Link monitoring and control software as you might remember from Lee's review. On the off chance that you would like a second opinion about the PSU, [H]ard|OCP recently published their own review. Just like Lee they were impressed with the voltage regulation, efficiency, and DC Output quality though they were less impressed with the noise they saw during their Transient Load Test. They also questioned the use of the Link tweaking software and while the final verdict was positive in some ways they didn't feel this PSU was as true successor to the stellar AX1200 released almost two years ago.
"Corsair has a refresh today that talks to its high end line of high power PSUs. The AX1200i comes in touting "platinum" efficiency and "an unprecedented level of monitoring and performance customization." How does the AX1200i perform out-of-the-box and does it actually bring value at its huge price?"
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Super Flower Golden Green 350W PSU @ Silent PC Review
- PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 500W Power Supply Review @ Pro-Clockers
- CoolerMaster Silent Pro M2 720W PSU @ Silent PC Review
- Enermax Platimax 600W @ Silent PC Review
- bequiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550W Power Supply @ Silent PC Review
- Seasonic G360 PSU: High efficiency & performance, low price @ Silent PC Review
- Akasa Venom Power 850 W @ techPowerUp
- LEPA B800-MAS 800W Power Supply Unit Review @ NikKTech
- PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 1200-Watt 80 PLUS Platinum @ Tweaktown
- Rosewill Capstone 750W Power Supply Review @ Legit Reviews
- Lepa G1000-MA 1000-Watt 80 PLUS Gold @ Tweaktown
- Enermax MAXREVO 1500 W @ techPowerUp
- FSP Raider 750-Watt 80 PLUS Bronze @ Tweaktown
- Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1500W PSU Review @ Legit Reviews
- Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1500W @ TechPowerUp
Subject: General Tech | September 6, 2012 - 05:26 PM | Ken Addison
Tagged: wireless charging, VIVO, thunderbolt, podcast, k90, k60, corsair, black mesa, ax1200i, asus
PC Perspective Podcast #217 - 09/06/2012
Join us this week as we talk about the Corsair AX1200i Power Supply, Video Games as Art, Wireless Charging and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the Store
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Ryan Shrout, Josh Walrath, Jeremy Hellstrom, Allyn Malvantano and Scott Michaud
A big thanks goes to our friends at ALXTech.net for hosting our PC Perspective gaming server! Find out how you can get a game server for just $0.65/slot by visiting http://alxtech.net/pcper/!!
Program length: 1:24:36
- Week in Reviews:
- 0:38:20 This Podcast is brought to you by MSI!
News items of interest:
- 0:39:20 Wireless charging is close!
- 0:44:13 Western Digital 2TB Thunderbolt MyBook
- 0:47:20 Arctic MC101 Trinity based HTPC
- 0:48:50 ASUS shows Vivo tablets at IFA
- 0:53:30 Ultrabook with 2560x1440 display from Samsung
- 0:56:10 Lower Power IVB coming soon
- 0:57:30 The ASUS Eee PC line is gone...
- 1:02:30 ASUS launches "Powered by ASUS" systems
- 1:08:00 Hardware / Software Pick of the Week
- 1-888-38-PCPER or firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://twitter.com/ryanshrout and http://twitter.com/pcper
Introduction and Features
Manufacturers are continually looking for ways to differentiate their products from the rest of the field and highlight new or improved features to make you want to buy their products. Leave it to Corsair to actually come up with a truly new and unique power supply for the PC enthusiast market! The Corsair AX1200i is a smart PSU that incorporates a Digital Signal Processor (DSP) to deliver extremely clean, efficient power with the ability to make real-time adjustments to various internal parameters. The included Corsair Link software can be used to monitor and adjust performance, noise (fan speed), and Over Current Protection (OCP) settings.
It’s been almost two years since we reviewed Corsair’s flagship power supply, the Professional Series Gold AX1200. While the new AX1200i retains many of the original features it now comes with 80 Plus Platinum efficiency certification and a built-in DACS (Data Acquisition and Control System) thanks to Corsair Link technology.
(Courtesy of Corsair)
Here is what Corsair has to say about their new AX1200i Digital ATX power supply unit: "The revolutionary AX1200i is the first desktop PC power supply to use digital (DSP) control and Corsair Link to bring you an unprecedented level of monitoring and performance customization. The DSP in the AX1200i makes on-the-fly adjustments for incredibly tight voltage regulation, 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency, and clean, stable power.
Real-time monitoring and control with Corsair Link. Put the AX1200i under your control by connecting it directly to a USB header on your motherboard with the included cable, or to a Corsair Commander (available separately). Then, download the free Corsair Link Dashboard software for unrivaled power supply monitoring and control options.
Monitor power input and output, efficiency, fan speed, and internal temperature, directly from the Windows based application. Or, take it to the next level and set up and modify fan speed profiles, or even select from virtual “single rail” or “multi-rail” software modes, with selectable OCP points. "
Corsair AX1200i Digital ATX PSU Key Features:
• Digital Signal Processor (DSP) for extremely clean and efficient power
• Corsair Link Integration for monitoring and adjusting performance
• 1,200 watts continuous power output (50°C)
• Dedicated single +12V rail with user-configurable virtual rails
• 80Plus Platinum certified, delivering up to 92% efficiency
• ZVS / ZCS technology for high efficiency
• Independent DC-to-DC converters
• Ultra quiet 140mm double ball bearing fan
• Silent, Fanless mode up to ~30% load
• Self-test switch to verify power supply functionality
• Premium quality components
• Fully modular cable system
• Conforms to ATX12V v2.31 and EPS 2.92 standards
• Universal AC input (90-264V) with Active PFC
• Over-current, over-voltage, under-voltage and short circuit protection
• Dimensions: 150mm (W) x 86mm (H) x 200mm (L)
• 7-Year warranty and legendary Corsair customer service
Subject: Cases and Cooling | June 4, 2012 - 10:01 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: power supply, corsair, computex, ax1200i
As Computex continues into its first full day over in Taiwan, Corsair has a few things to show you, starting with a new high-end power supply called the AX1200i, a completely digitally-controlled unit.
The new AX1200i is rated at 80 PLUS Platinum levels of efficiency thanks in part to the digital power control technology to provide stable voltages, low ripple and low noise levels. A new circuit board layout and reduced component count also aid in the ability for this Corsair unit to hit efficiency as high as 92% and to operate in a fanless, silent mode up to 40% utilization.
"Corsair has earned a reputation as one of world’s best providers of enthusiast PSUs, and with the AX1200i, we have raised the technology and performance bar far above anything the market has seen,” said Ruben Mookerjee, VP and General Manager of the Components Business Unit at Corsair. “By designing the first DSP-based enthusiast PSU and integrating our unique Corsair Link technology, we can offer enthusiasts a PSU with a matchless combination of performance and customizable features.”
AX1200i’s DSP-based design, combined with Corsair Link technology, provides enthusiasts with unprecedented control over the features and performance characteristics of their PSU. This includes real-time monitoring of temperature, current draw, and power efficiency, as well as the ability to adjust the speed of the internal 140mm fan. These features also allow for a unique level of customization, such as the ability to switch from the default single +12V rail configuration to a tailored “multi-rail” mode, with the ability to set over current protection set-points on a per-rail basis.
The new Corsair AX1200i power supply will be available in August and will ship with a 7-year warranty. Pricing is unknown.