Podcast #377 - AMD Radeon Software Crimson, our Holiday Gift Guide, Scott Wasson moving to AMD and more!
Subject: General Tech | December 3, 2015 - 08:40 PM | Ken Addison
Tagged: podcast, video, amd, radeon software, crimson, holiday gift guide, ATIC, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, raspberry pi zero, scott wasson, tech report, Thinkpad, yoga p40
PC Perspective Podcast #377 - 12/03/2015
Join us this week as we discuss AMD Radeon Software Crimson, our Holiday Gift Guide, Scott Wasson moving to AMD and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the Store
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Jeremy Hellstrom, Josh Walrath, and Sebastian Peak
Program length: 0:54:20
Week in Review:
News item of interest:
Hardware/Software Picks of the Week:
Ryan: Emergency Underwear
Sebastian: Quad-core CPU for $70!!
Subject: General Tech | April 22, 2011 - 07:27 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: amd, income, billion, ATIC, quarter
It might not seem like good news that AMD's entire sales for this quarter don't match Intel's profits but that just exemplifies the size discrepancy between the two companies. It most certainly is good news, showing an improvement from this time last year partly thanks to ATIC, a partner with AMD in GlobalFoundries, purchasing Chartered Semiconducter and improving AMD's income on the books, if not through actual exchange of cash. The Register's report tells of improvements on sales of APU/CPUs but not so much from GPUs.
"Advanced Micro Devices is no longer a fabricator of chips, but it is still benefitting from spinning out its wafer-baking unit to GlobalFoundries.
In the first quarter ending April 2, AMD's sales were up a modest 2 per cent, to $1.61bn, but all of its costs were on the rise, and its operating income fell by 70 per cent, to $54m."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Creating Bootable Linux Thumb Drives with Universal USB Installer @ Techgage
- Western Digital Comments on Caviar Green Critical Design Flaw Article @ NGOHQ
- Mobile Users Beware: Linux Has Major Power Regression @ Phoronix
- Intel, Micron open US$3 billion NAND flash facility in Singapore @ DigiTimes
- Make: Projects – Cable Dyeing @ MAKE:Blog
- Everything You Need to Know About NFC @ Techspot
- Android phones keep location cache, too, but it's harder to access @ Ars Technica
- How to Recycle Your Technology @ TechReviewSource
- Microsoft Counts Down To XP Death @ Slashdot
- Epson WorkForce 840 Inkjet Printer @ TechwareLabs