Subject: Memory | October 16, 2013 - 04:55 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: antec, HCP-850 Platinum, modular psu, 80 Plus Platinum, Antec High Current Pro
If high efficiency is your preference then the Antec High Current Pro series is probably familiar to you. Legit Reviews just reviewed their most powerful model, providing up to 850W and sporting four 40A 12V rails to power the six PCIe power connectors. The fully modular design is great for keeping your case clean and the clear labellings on the PSU ensures you can properly balance the load between the 12V rails. It performed admirably but the retail price of ~$200 did disappoint Legit Reviews somewhat.
"Today we will be having a close look at the 850W version of the High Current Pro series, the HCP-850. The HCP-850 is a modular power supply with a very long list of features and a seven year long warranty. As all of the High Current Pro products, the HCP-850 also comes with an 80Plus Platinum certification, the highest currently available on a retail product..."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Enermax Triathlor 700W Semi-Modular Power Supply @ eTeknix
- Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 450W and 550W @ Hardware.info
- SilverStone Strider Gold 650W Power Supply Review @ OCIA
- Antec Neo Eco 520W Semi-Modular Power Supply @ eTeknix
- OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ-FTY750W Power Supply Review @ HiTech Legion
- Cougar PowerX 550W @ TechARP
- Thortech Thunderbolt 1200W @ eTeknix
- Antec High Current Pro Platinum 850W @ [H]ard|OCP
- Corsair RM Series 850 W @ techPowerUp
- Corsair RM650 Power Supply Review @ Legit Reviews
- Be Quiet Pure Power L8 500W Power Supply Review @HiTech Legion
- Corsair RM650 @ Kitguru
- Antec HCP-850 Platinum 850W Power Supply Review @HiTech Legion
- Cooler Master V550S with 3D Circuit Design @ techPowerUp
Introduction and Features
Antec has one of the largest selections of PC power supplies on the market today and their new HCP-1000 Platinum power supply features 1000W of continuous output power and is 80 Plus Platinum certified. The High Current Pro Platinum is the first power supply in a new series that will replace three existing lines, the TruePower Quattro, High Current Pro (80 Plus Gold), and Antec’s Signature series. The High Current Pro Platinum series will be the new top class of maximum efficiency within Antec’s range of power supplies with modular cabling.
The HCP-1000 Platinum is based on a brand new platform, co-developed with Antec’s partner Delta Electronics and combines several new technological developments and features to provide unmatched performance and be the very best power supply possible. The HCP-1000 Platinum incorporates all modular cables with six PCI-E connectors, NVIDIA SLI-Ready certification, ErP Lot 6:2013 compliance, a 7-year warranty and it is being introduced with a MSRP of $269.90 USD.
Here is what Antec has to say about their new HCP-1000 PSU:
“Antec's High Current Pro Platinum series is the pinnacle of power supplies. High Current Pro Platinum is fully modular with a revolutionary 20+8-pin MBU socket for the needs of tomorrow. By using a PSU that is 80 PLUS® PLATINUM & ErP Lot 6: 2013 certified, operating up to 94% efficient, you can reduce your electricity bill by up to 25% when compared to many other power supplies. HCP Platinum's innovative 16-pin sockets create a new level of flexibility by doubling the modular connectivity, supporting two different 8-pins connectors and even future connectors of 10, 12, 14 or 16-pins. Backed by a 7 year warranty and lifetime global 24/7 support, the HCP-1000 Platinum embodies everything a power supply can accomplish today.”
Antec High Current Pro Platinum 1000W PSU Key Features:
• 1000W continuous power output at 50°C
• 80 Plus Platinum Certified (up to 94% efficient)
• Four High Current +12V rails with high maximum load
• 100% +12V output for maximum CPU and GPU support
• Quiet 135mm double ball bearing fan
• Thermal Manager – advanced low voltage fan controller
• All Japanese brand, heavy duty capacitors
• PhaseWave Design server-class, full-bridge LLC topology
• NVIDIA SLI-Ready certified (six PCI-E connectors)
• Active PFC with Universal AC line input
• ErP Lot 6:2013 Compliant
• Fully modular sleeved cables
• Protection: OCP, OVP, UVP, SCP, OPP, OTP, SIP, NLO and BOP
• Antec AQ7 7-year warranty and lifetime global 24/7 support
Get notified when we go live!