Subject: Mobile | October 4, 2011 - 03:47 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: razer, razer blade, alienware, alienware M17X
While you probably have the same reaction to the question of which $2800 + tax laptop is the best one to chose as hardCOREware, the fact remains some people will buy them. At that price range, a lot of the price is for show and not for value. Having a laptop resembling a UFO or Italian racing car might make it look fast but has no effect on the actual performance of the laptop. With so much focus on the exterior and the reasonable assumption by the manufacturer that anyone willing to pay that price tag has little knowledge of what components make the fastest gaming machine the question stands; if someone has their mind made up to spend this money, which laptop should you recommend. Read on to see how the internals of Alienware and Razer's gaming laptops compare.
"I was recently asked on Twitter what I thought of the Razer Blade, a 17" gaming laptop which will become available later this year for a staggering $2800. My first thought was "LOL" but then I realized that some people really would spend $2800 on a laptop.
The question is, if you were to spend that on a proper gaming laptop and not a hyperbole-inducing showcase piece to get blogs to drool all over your brand, how much better will the specs look?"
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
- Asus Automobili Lamborghini VX7 laptop @ The Inquirer
- Asus U36SD-A1 Review @ TechReviewSource
- Alienware's M18x, Part 1: NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 580M in SLI @ AnandTech
- Amazon Kindle Fire: A $199 Kindle Tablet @ AnandTech
- MSI WindPad 110W Tablet + Windows 8 @ Techspot
- Hornettek Rotating iPad 2 Case Review @ ThinkComputers
- Choosing a new smartphone: Blackberry or the others? @ t-break
- Innergie mCube Slim 95 @ XSReviews
- Third Look: LG Optimus 3D – Tri-Dual Technology @ t-break
- iPhone 4 App Review - Megastunt Mayhem @ t-break
- Motorola Atrix Cell Phone Review @ Hardware Secrets
- A look at Windows Phone Mango update @ t-break
Get notified when we go live!