Subject: Storage | October 31, 2011 - 02:55 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: LSI, 9265-8i MegaRAID, Adaptec 6805, RAID Card, 6gbps
Many readers may have had their first introduction to LSI with the news that they had purchased SandForce and have never encountered their products. Understandable as the bill the SSD Review had to face in order to test out the card was just short of $50,000, which is far more than even the most devoted enthusiast is going to pay. In the realms of the server room however, that represents a fairly major investment but certainly within budget for a large upgrade. The card its self is powered by the LSIISAS2208 dual-core 6Gb/s ROC-x2 800MHz PowerPC processor and can handle eight storage devices out of the box, for real space you will need to pick up an extender which will raise the total possible number of connected drives to 240. Drop by the SSD Review to see the current leader of speedy reliable RAID cards; nothing even comes close to this monster.
"The SSD Review has put together a 6Gbps ShowDown that we don't ever think can be matched. Total value of testing equipment exceeds $45,000 US. Top speeds come in at 2.7GB/s performance performance and over 461000 IOPS and we have absolutely pushed two RAID cards and 13 SSDs as far as we think they can be pushed. Grab a seat and buckle up because this is going to be our best ride yet, one you definitely won't be seeing attempted elsewhere anytime soon!"
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Kingston HyperX 240GB SATA III SSD @ XSReviews
- Patriot Pyro SE 120GB SATA III SandForce SF-2281 SSD Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- OCZ RevoDrive 3 240GB PCIe Solid State Drive @ Pro-Clockers
- Hard Disk Drive Performance Comparison Guide @ TechARP
- Seagate GoFlex Upgrade Cables Overview @ eTeknix
- ASUS BC-12B1ST Optical Drive @ Pro-Clockers
- QNAP TS 219P II Turbo NAS @ kitguru
- Buffalo LinkStation Pro Duo 2 TB 2-Bay NAS Drive @ X-bit Labs
- iStarUSA BPN-DE340SS SAS/SATA 3x5.25" to 4x3.5" Hard Drive Hot-Swap Cage @ circuitREMIX
- Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB Hard Drive Review @ eTeknix
- Ineo Tech I-NA309D-Pro USB 3.0 Dual Bay RAID Enclosure Review @ Real World Labs
- Synology DiskStation DS411 NAS Server Review @ Real World Labs
- Western Digital Scorpio Blue 1TB 2.5? Hard Disk Drive @ TechwareLabs
- Silicon Power Diamond D10 750GB and Stream S20 750GB @ Legion Hardware
Get notified when we go live!