Subject: Storage | August 22, 2012 - 06:49 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: ssd, Nvelo Dataplex, Intel SRT, corsair, cache, accelerator series
Forget Intel SRT, the Corsair Accelerator Series cache SSDs and the Nvelo Dataplex software which come with them will give you the best of both your HDD and SSD and increase both read and write speeds of commonly accessed data. Part of the effectiveness of these drive comes thanks to the fact that they move frequently access data blocks and not entire files, ensuring only the bits you need to read quickly end up on the SSD and it is not filled with tag along data that is accessed infrequently. [H]ard|OCP found themselves more impressed with these drives than they expected to, seeing boot times that matched an OS installed on an SSD after only two reboots as well as improved launch speeds on their most used programs. As you can pick up the 60GB model for $70 after MIR and the 30GB model for $45 the price per gigabyte might not match larger SSDs but the actual cost is so low it makes it a very worthy upgrade.
"One of the hottest applications for consumer SSDs is using data caching to accelerate the performance of traditional spinning hard disks in your PC. We look at Corsairs Accelerator Series of caching SSDs to test the performance of these value-centric approaches to providing you a better computing experience."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- SSD RAID TRIM now on Intel 7-Series Chipsets! We test the performance @ HCW
- Kngston SSDNow V200 128GB Review @ OCC
- SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB @ X-bit Labs
- CoreRise Comay Venus 3S 120GB SATA3 MLC Synchronous SSD Review @ ModSynergy
- Corsair Neutron GTX SSD Review (240GB): Link A Media Controller Tested @ AnandTech
- Samsung 830 Series SSD 512 GB @ techPowerUp
- Crucial v4 SSD @ Hardware.info
- Corsair Neutron Series Solid State Drives Review - LAMD or Wolf in a 7mm Package? @ Tweaktown
- Adata XPG SX910 256GB SSD review: SandForce SSD with 256GB @ Hardware.info
- Plextor M5 Pro 128GB @ Hardware.info
- Areca ARC-1882i PCIe 3.0 RAID Controller @ Tweaktown
- Hard Disk Drive Performance Comparison Guide @ TechARP
- Western Digital VelociRaptors Vs. Solid State Drives @ TechARP
- Akasa Integral S 3.5" External USB3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure Review @ eTeknix
- Western Digital Red Review: Are NAS-optimized HDDs Worth the Premium? @ AnandTech
- Synology DS1512+ and DS1812+ NAS review: good performance with lots of disks @ Hardware.info
- Icy Dock MB080U3S-1SB Blizzard & MB559U3S-1S Ultra Slim External Hard Drive Enclosure Review @ OCC
- Startech 4 Bay Standalone HDD Duplicator Dock @ XSReviews
Get notified when we go live!