Subject: Graphics Cards | September 19, 2013 - 05:55 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: nvidia, msi, 650ti boost, Twin Frozr
To give you the full name, the MSI N650 Titanium TwinFrozr 2GD5/OC Boost Edition is $170 after MIR, whereas you can pick up the HD 7850 that [H]ard|OCP chose to contrast against for a mere $130 after rebate. That price difference means that NVIDIA really has to perform quite a bit better than the AMD card to beat it in a performance per price perspective. From the numbers in the review you can clearly see that the 650Ti is the better performing card, especially with the respectable overclock that [H] managed which does make it the best card under $200; on the other hand if your budget is tight the performance gap is not as big as the price gap which might make that HD 7850 a better choice.
By the way, that NVIDIA card has a Boost clock which means that it might steal some of your megahertz away when it gets too hot, which is apparently a horrible experience and if you somehow disable that feature and cook your GPU ... obviously that is not your fault.
"Today we evaluate MSI's high-end GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST line with the flagship overclocked Gaming Edition MSI N650Ti TF 2GD5/OC BE. With falling prices on AMD Radeon video cards we will compare it to the AMD Radeon HD 7850 to see which will emerge as the victor in the sub-$200 price price range."
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- MSI GTX 660 Gaming Video Card Review @ Ninjalane
- MSI GTX 660 N660 Gaming 2GD5/OC Video Card Review @HiTech Legion
- MSI GTX780 Lightning 3GB @ Kitguru
- Budget video cards: AMD Radeon HD 7730 vs. Nvidia GeForce GT 640 GK208 @ Hardware.info
- ASUS GTX 760 DirectCU Mini 2 GB @ techPowerUp
- MSI GTX 780 Lightning Review @ Hardware Canucks
- ASUS GTX 670 DirectCU II Mini @ Bjorn3D
- Palit GTX760, GTX770 and GTX780 Super JetStream @ Kitguru
- MSI GeForce GTX 760 Twin Frozr Gaming OC Edition 2GB @ eTeknix
- ASUS GTX 780 DirectCU II OC @ Bjorn3D
- Palit GTX 780 Super JetStream 3 GB @ techPowerUp
- Gainward GTX 760 Phantom 2GB @ eTeknix
- EVGA GTX 770 4GB Dual Classified w/ ACX Cooler Review @Hi Tech Legion
- XFX FX7850 Double Dissipation HD 7850 2GB @ eTeknix
- PowerColor Radeon HD 7730 1GB @ eTeknix
- Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 2GB GHz Edition Video Card Review @ Legit Reviews
Subject: General Tech | July 4, 2013 - 12:45 AM | Ken Addison
Tagged: podcast, video, corsair, 900D, 7790, 650ti boost, amd, Richland, nvidia, kepler, titan, Intel, ssd
PC Perspective Podcast #258 - 07/04/2013
Join us this week as we discuss the Corsair 900D, HD 7790 vs GTX 650Ti BOOST, Leaked AMD APUs and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the Store
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Ryan Shrout, Josh Walrath, Jeremy Hellstrom and Allyn Malventano
Program length: 1:14:23
Week in Review:
0:10:50 HD 7790 and 650 Ti BOOST Roundup
News items of interest:
0:58:25 Hardware/Software Picks of the Week:
1-888-38-PCPER or firstname.lastname@example.org
Get notified when we go live!