Subject: Cases and Cooling | June 2, 2014 - 07:00 AM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: PSU, power supply, Corsair Link, corsair, computex 2014, 850W, 750w, 1000W PSU
Corsair has announced the HXi Series, successor to the well regarded HX Series of power supplies.
The three models in HXi Series are the 750 watt HX750i, 850 watt HX850i, and 1000 watt HX1000i, and each of these power supplies boast 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency certification and feature a fully modular design. Corsair is emphasising the quality of the power delivery with this release, as the HXi Series is constructed from premium components including 100% Japanese capacitors.
The units feature a “Zero RPM” fan mode that only allows the fan to spin under heavier loads, allowing operation at low and medium loads to be “virtually silent”. And when the fan is required cooling is handled by 140mm model with a fluid dynamic bearing for quiet operation. Additionally, the HXi power supplies implement Corsair’s Link software technology for device monitoring and customization.
Here are the specs from Corsair:
- 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency
- Fully modular DC cable set
- 100% Japanese electrolytic capacitors rated at 105°c
- Zero-RPM fan mode for virtually silent operation at low and medium loads
- Corsair Link support for monitoring efficiency, voltage, power output, temperature, and fan speed plus user customizable setting of rail modes and fan speed
- Fluid dynamic bearing fan
- Continuous power rated at 50° Celsius
The HXi Series will be backed by a 7-year warranty and will be available in August with the HX750i listed at $169.99, the HX850i at $189.99, and the HX1000i coming in at a suggested $229.99.
Introduction and Features
Kingwin has just released the fifth and most powerful unit in their top-of-the-line Lazer Platinum Series, the LZP-1000. As you might guess, all of the Lazer Platinum Series power supplies are 80Plus Platinum certified, which means they should deliver top efficiency (up to 90%, 92% and 89% efficiency @ 20%, 50% and 100% load). The LZP-1000 PSU we have up for review comes with a full compliment of fixed and modular cables, a very quiet 140mm fan and includes universal AC input with Active PFC. A new feature found on the LZP-1000 is the ability to run in fanless mode at low to mid power levels thanks to Kingwin's ECO Thermal Control System and 2-way Thermal Control switch. The LZP-1000 is designed to support the latest Intel and AMD processors along with multiple high-end graphic adapters (Crossfire/SLI/3 Way SLI).
Kingwin LZP-1000 PSU Key Features:
• 1,000W total continuous power; Easily Overclocked to 650W
• 80 PLUS® Platinum Certified: 90%, 92% and 89% Efficiency @ 20%, 50% and 100% Load
• 140MM Fan with Intelligent Auto Fan Speed Control
• ECO Intelligent Thermal Control System (Patent)
• 2-Way Thermal Control switch (fanless at low power or fan on all the time)
• Supports Intel Core i7-980X/Core i7/Core i5/Core 2 Quad/Core 2 Duo and
• AMD Phenom II x6/Phenom II X4/Phenom II X3/Athlon 64 X2 CPUs
• Compliance with ATX 12V v2.2, EPS 12V v2.91, and SSI EPS 12V v2.92 Specifications
• Crystal Cube Modular Plugs w/ Patented Power Connector Cable Management System
• Six PCI-E 6+2 pin connectors to support high-end graphic cards
• Stable +12V current; 83A (996W)
• Over Power/Under Power/Over Voltage/Short Circuit Protections
• Universal AC input (115V ~ 240V) with Active PFC
• 5-Year warranty