Subject: Cases and Cooling | September 23, 2014 - 12:45 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: heatsink, air cooling, water cooling, quiet
Silent PC Review has just done a major update to their lists of the best Big, Small and Fanless coolers, both air and water. The Big list requires a fair sized case in which to contain the cooler and consists of those coolers which operate at 20 dBA or less from 1m away with no more than 45°C rise over ambient. The graph starts with the loudest 20dBA and grows more quiet with the measured temperature appearing at the noise level they tested, those with multiple values have adjustable speeds. The Small list has the same setup but consists of coolers that should fit in most SFF cases and the fanless lacks noise ratings for obvious reasons. Check them all out here.
"Recommended Heatsinks lists SPCR-reviewed top cooling devices for CPUs, VGA and other hot computer parts, ordered by cooling performance and low noise. Major update on 16 Sept 2014."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate Review – Keepin’ It Cool @ Techgage
- Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Liquid CPU Cooler Review @HiTech Legion
- Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate CPU Cooler Review @ TechwareLabs
- NZXT Kraken X61 28cm Liquid Cooler @ SPCR
- Enermax Liqtech 120X AIO Liquid CPU Cooler @ SPCR
- NZXT Kraken All-In-One CPU Cooler Roundup @ eTeknix
- Cooler Master Hyper 612 V2 CPU Cooler @ Kitguru
- Lian Li PC-V359 Micro-ATX Modular PC Case Review @ Legit Reviews
- A Fine Line Between ‘Inexpensive’ and ‘Cheap': BitFenix Neos Review @ Techgage
- Nanoxia Deep Silence 3 @ techPowerUp
- 3 of 3
Get notified when we go live!