Subject: General Tech | July 1, 2015 - 03:49 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gaming, Portal 2, Stories of Mel
Stories of Mel is a Portal 2 mod which takes place between the two games, with a length that sounds similar to the original game. There is new music, voice acting and even a redesigned Portal gun all available for free for owners of Portal 2 on Steam. The embedded video below gives you a sense of the ambience you can expect from the game without giving away many hints as to the content. If you already have the Portal games then head over to Steam to pick up the mod, which installs as a separate game and if you don't then you owe it to yourself to pay the ~$30 to pick up both games. Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN has links for Steam as well as the projects homepage if you want to show your thanks.
"Mel brings a new protagonist with a new companion sphere, boasting over 300 new voiced lines, an hour of original music, and 22 levels that its creators say may take anywhere from four to twelve hours to complete depending on how well you think with portals. It looks quite pretty. And it’s entirely free (if you own Portal 2, natch), available direct through Steam."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Pillars Of Eternity 2.0: Better AI, Less Rubbish Stealth @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Valve's 'get it early' Steam Machine promotion sells out @ HEXUS
- Shadow of the Beast: Amiga classic returns from the darkness @ The Register
- Firaxis publishes 10-minute XCOM 2 mission video @ HEXUS
- Warner knew about Batman: Arkham Knight PC issues 'for months' @ Polygon
- 2 of 2